Office hours for students:
Tuesday & Thursday 14:00-16:00
- 1985-1989: B.Sc. in Physical Education, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece, School of Physical Education and Sports Science
- 1990-1992: M.A. in Physical Education/Exercise Science, Western Michigan University, USA, School of Health and Physical Education.
- 1996-2001: Ph.D. in Health and Human Performance (emphasis on muscle physiology), Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece, School of Physical Education and Sports Science.
- 2001-2004: Post Doctoral in Space Physiology (emphasis on muscle atrophy), NASA/Johnson Space Center, Houston, USA University of Houston, USA, Department of Biology and Biochemistry.
- Physiology/Biology of skeletal muscle
- Exercise-induced muscle injury, muscle fatigue, muscle function
- Muscle atrophy and countermeasures
- Redox biology, free radicals, oxidative stress and exercise, antioxidants
- Sports nutrition
- Margaritelis, NV, Paschalis V, Theodorou A, Kyparos A, Nikolaidis MG. Redox basis of exercise physiology. Redox Biology. Article number 101499, 2020.
- Goutianos G, Margaritelis NV, Sparopoulou T, Veskoukis AS, Vrabas IS, Paschalis V, Nikolaidis MG, Kyparos A. Chronic administration of plasma from exercised rats to sedentary rats does not induce redox and metabolic adaptations. The Journal of Physiological Sciences 70(1):3, 2020.
- Lang T, Van Loon J, Bloomfield S, Vico L, Chopard A, Rittweger J, Kyparos A, Blottner D, Vuori I, Gerzer R, Cavanagh PR. Towards Human Exploration of Space: The THESEUS review series on muscle and bone research priorities. Nature Partner Journal (npj) Microgravity 3, 8, 2017.
- Kyparos A, Sotiriadou S, Mougios V, Cheva A, Barbanis S, Karkavelas G, Arsos G, Albani M, Matziari C. Effect of 5-day vitamin E supplementation on muscle injury after downhill running in rats. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2011, 111(10):2557-69.
- Kyparos A, Feeback DL, Layne CS, Martinez DA, Clarke MS. Mechanical stimulation of the plantar foot surface attenuates soleus muscle atrophy induced by hindlimb unloading in rats. J Appl Physiol. 2005, 99(2):739-46.