Research Policy Commission has the following responsibilities.
- To establish long-term strategic goals for the department.
- To recommend the thematic areas research should focus on.
- To define support specifications for research activity.
- To monitor the overall research work of the Department.
- To define targets and observe the collaboration of the Department or of specific members of it with other Departments.
- To set goals and surveil the funding of research works.
- To take action towards rewarding excellence in research in the Department.