Student practice in the Department of Physical Education and Sport Science at Serres, can be implemented within:
- The “Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTh) Student Practice” Program in the framework provided by the Operational Program “Education and Lifelong Learning,” and co-funded by the European Union (European Social Fund) and national resources,
- Funding by host institutions that provide internship placements
Student practice is a voluntary course (3 ECTS) which is written in Diploma Supplement characterized as “successful”, for undergraduate students who are entitled to participate in it, provided they are in the 5th semester (3rd year) of their studies and have acquired adequate knowledge to meet the demands of the internship.
The purpose of the student practice is:
- As a course that is being held in work place, it integrates practical knowledge in educational process and gives the opportunity for all theoretical/practical knowledge that was taught during lessons to be put into practice.
- To give the opportunity to the students to choose different employment domains, according to their specific interests, knowledge, and specialization, in order to try hard, promoting the Department’s positive profile in the community. This profile becomes apparent by the formal and informal assessments of the host institutions
Seasons of Student Practice
The program provides students with a full-time training (30-40 hours per week) for three, 3-month periods of time, in private and civil host institutions that provide internship placements and are strongly related to the Department’s scientific areas:
- December – January – February
- March – April – May and
- June – July – August
Students, who are concerned for participating in the program, apply in advance in pre-determined dates every October of the current academic year, and then they are ranked according to specific selection criteria. Foreign students who attend courses at our Department through the Erasmus mobility program are NOT eligible, in the student practice program.
Departmental member in charge
(+30) 2310 991032, email@example.com